Class-leading performance, in the studio and on the road
The Solid State Logic SSL 12 is the perfect audio interface for producers and engineers who demand uncompromising performance and versatility from a desktop device. SSL 12 is capable of being both a studio centrepiece and a portable production hub to take with you on the road. Four SSL-designed mic pre-amps with uncompromising low-noise and high gain performance, Legacy 4K analogue enhancement for adding that signature SSL colour, class-leading dynamic range from premium-quality converters, comprehensive monitoring section, ADAT expandability, talkback mic, flexible headphone outputs and an intuitive console-style software mixer. SSL 12 just set a new bar for what you can expect from a unit that is entirely USB-powered.
Big studio features, small desktop footprint
SSL 12 is loaded with an extraordinary amount of professional studio features normally reserved for high-end rackmount interfaces. For tracking, the ADAT connectivity, together with the on-board talkback mic and an incredibly powerful cue mixer (that allows you to create up to 4 independent near-zero latency performer mixes) will handle the most demanding of recording sessions. For mixing, alternative monitor switching and assignable front panel control room functions puts everything you need at your fingertips. For production, USB Loopback, MIDI I/O and DC-coupled outputs for CV control of synths and FX equip you with a serious toolkit to keep the creativity flowing. To top it all off, the ever-expanding SSL Production Pack (packed with a selection of must-have virtual instruments, plug-ins, samples and DAWs) helps to bring your productions to life.
• 4 x SSL-designed microphone preamps with unrivalled EIN performance and huge gain range for a USB-powered device
• Per-Channel Legacy 4K switches - analogue colour enhancement for any input source, inspired by the 4000-series console
• 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass or vintage instruments
• 2 professional-grade headphone outputs, with switchable modes of operation that cater for high impedance or high sensitivity headphones. Or re-purpose each headphone output as an additional balanced/unbalanced line-level outputs instead.
• 32-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA Converters - capture and hear all the detail of your creations
• ADAT IN - expand the input channel count with up to 8 channels of digital audio
• Built In Talkback Mic that can be routed to Headphone A, B and Line 3-4 outputs
• 4 x dedicated balanced outputs and precision Monitor Level, with stunning dynamic range
o Use Outputs 3-4 to connect an alternative monitor set or as additional line-level outputs to connect to studio outboard equipment, with +24 dBu operating levels.
• SSL 12 mixer: Powerful digital mixer hosted in SSL 360° - Quickly create low-latency cue mixes.
• DC-coupled outputs for controlling CV input instruments & FX
• 3 user-assignable front panel switches - assign various monitoring functions and talkback open/close
• MIDI I/O
• SSL Production Pack Software Bundle (over $1000 worth of software and sounds); includes 3-months free subscription to SSL Complete, plus an exclusive collection of 3rd party DAWs, virtual instruments and plug-ins.
• USB bus-powered audio interface for Mac/Windows - power is provided by USB 3.0, audio via the USB 2.0 protocol