NEW!! VERSION 1.2
Studio reference class, open back, dynamic headphones with flat frequency response.
Flat out of the box, is the phrase reviewers coined for the S4X. Their neutral and honest sound signature was perfected in close R&D collaboration with professional mixing and mastering engineers.
- Hand picked and left / right matched transducers delivering accuracy and instrument separation. (+/-1dB SPL tolerance, pink noise, range 100Hz-10kHz in free field)
- 50 mm, PET 25u membrane, 2 layered coil, 32 ohms,
- Dynamic Neodymium speaker with 109dBSPL (S4X) / 111dBSPL (S4R) 1Vrms@1KHz 30ohm output that makes them work with smart devices too.
- Replaceable using home tools.
- Replaceable earpads with outer diameter of 90 mm(3.5inch), inner diameter of 55mm(2.2inch) and depth of 20mm(0.8inch).
- Hybrid artificial leather and velour earpads to control flow resistance around the earpads seal resulting in smoother response in low mids and mids (150Hz-1kHz) perceived as natural timbre on vocals, pianos, strings,...
- 1kHz @ 85dBSPL sweep THD < 0.084%S4X / 0.079%S4R , Variation in frequency response in band from 20Hz to 20kHz ~13,7 dB SPL S4X / 10,0dB SPL S4R, pink noise IEC 60318-1 compatible standard.
- Fully separated front and back of the speaker for minimal phase cancellation and more direct sound signature. SoundSeal™
- Self-adjusting artificial leather strap
- Clamping force set for most neutral frequency response on industry standard bitragional diameter of 14.3cm (KEMAR)
- Stainless spring steel powder coated
- 360 earcups rotation
- Strap and steel are replaceable using home tools
- Detachable braided silicone cable employing OFC core to ensure minimal signal distortion.
- Color labeled L and R (Left is Black)
- Reversible to have cable coming down behind your back when playing an instrument or in front when producing with a desktop interface.
- 5 years limited warranty (Earpads and cable are excluded due to the nature of exposure)
"The HPS S4 respects all of the depth, width, air, tight bass, space and detail that I work so hard to create in a mix. I’ve compared them with the leading competitors and OLLO win!
Excellent reference headphones for mixing and mastering. Switching between the headphones and my speakers is effortless. And they are really light in weight and comfortable for long periods of use .... and they look cool too! Job well done!"
U2, BECK, RUSH, KISS, NIKKA COSTA, ROXETTE, THE CURE, JOHN CALE, SPIKE JONZE, UCLA AND BERKLEE.
JEFF TAYLOR aka MadjefMusic
"I have spent some time with the S4 Headphones and I have really come to enjoy the sound. Quite an airy and not boxed in feeling with these headphones. They spread the low end evenly across the stereo spectrum and have a very accurate flat response, the ear cups are a nice size and the fit snug. Such a wellmade. These handmade walnut, italian leather, stainless steel headphones are my new favorite and makes for one sexy, super great sounding set of “Cans's."
JANET JACKSON, BOYZIIMEN, MICHAEL JACKSON, LIONEL RICHIE, PATTIE LABELLE, MINT CONDITION, MARIAH CAREY, ANDREW LLOYD WEBER, MADJEFMUSIC, JAM&LEWIS, KIKA, RHIAN BENSON, SOUNDS OF BLACKNESS, KUSH ETC.
"The separation between the instruments, the dynamics and stereo image are perfect to be comfortable mixing with them. I was amazed by the S4. But I am floored by the new S4X reference headphones. Just amazing!"
MICK JAGGER, NICKI MINAJ, WILL.I.AM.